The risks associated with letting or renting property can be substantial and are often quite different from those experienced by owner-occupiers. It is so easy to overlook the importance of having the right insurance cover. Landlords sometimes rely on normal household cover without realising it would not pay in the event of a claim. Tenants often do not bother with insurance at all; both are taking unnecessary risks.
Properties that need to be sufficiently covered under a Let Home policy include:
- Residential – Houses, Flats & Maisonettes (including Listed Properties)
- Commercial Property of all descriptions including precincts, malls and portfolios
- Student/Housing Benefit Tenants
- Short /Long Term Unoccupied Property
- Tenants / Lodgers Insurance
- Emergency Assistance
- Property Under Construction or renovation
Features and Benefits
- Buildings of all construction types
- Landlords contents (contents of common parts)
- Loss of rent
- Rent Guarantee cover
- Fixtures and fittings
- Public Liability
- Legal Expenses
- Directors and officers cover for management companies
- Fidelity Guarantee in respect of directors
- Engineering and inspection for passenger lifts.
Latest from the blog
All areas covered
Registered in England No. 1488763 Registered Office: 2nd Floor, Kent House, 41 East Street, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1QQ.
Brownhill Insurance Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.